[DOE-Arts] Happy Summer!
argy.nestor at maine.gov
Tue Jun 21 07:35:59 EDT 2011
Yes, it is official, SUMMER is here according to the calendar and let me be the first to wish you a HAPPY SUMMER! I know school is officially over or will be in this week for all of you teaching in Maine schools. I hope your summer is restful, fun, and that you take the opportunity to enjoy family and friends. I know that some of you will be working a second job and I hope it is something you really enjoy! After you catch up on your sleep and wind down, I hope you will reflect on the work you've done with students this year. Please know that I APPRECIATE the difficult task you have of teaching in the 21st century!
This list-serv and the arts education blog provide you with information that will assist in your role as educator. You are part of a large community, 1056 on the list-serv and between 700 and 1100 visitors to the blog each week. Continue to visit the blog all summer and know that you can go back and read past posts. With the tagging system in place the blog is more searchable by topics. There 10 new posts this past week at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. I bet you have a story to tell about a student or class success or learning opportunity that you had this year. If you'd be willing to share in a blog post please contact me. We'd LOVE to hear your voice and I invite you to post a comment.
* Co-teaching Made a Difference - Manchester Elementary art and 3rd grade teacher teaching differently
* In Today's News - Dancing at Pemetic Elementary School
* Kennedy Center's Newsletter - IIC program included
* Mosaic - Camden Rockport Middle School creates a HUGE mural
* TED - Janet Echelman - really cooooooooooool work
* In Today's News - Music in an Oregon charter school
* Stillwater Community Arts - New organization in Orono
* Mural Paintings in Multi-use Space - Camden Hills Regional High School
* In Today's News - Bucksport Middle School year long thematic, project based approach to learning
* DaPonte String Quartet - Offering opportunity to mid-coast schools at no cost
The list-serv and blog will continue through the summer. If you have a summer email address that you'd like the Tuesday email sent to please let me know. The email will probably go every two weeks and I will continue to post to the blog daily if I have the content to do so.
Make it an ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS SUMMER and send me an email so I know you are,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts