[DOE-Arts] Happy last week in March!
argy.nestor at maine.gov
Tue Mar 29 05:48:41 EDT 2011
March is going out like a lion... we certainly have had windy weather during the last 3 days in the mid-coast. Sounds like April could come in fooling us with snow predicted. Hmmmmm...
Application due: April 15th for Maine Arts Assessment Initiative Regional Leadership positions: If you are planning to submit an application please let me know of your intent by sending me a quick email by April 1st. Include your name, discipline, and grade level. The application, details, and information can be found at the links below my name. Please email if you have questions!
Thank you for visiting the meartsed blog. You were one of 760 visitors this week. Below is the list of the recent posts. I appreciate the information that is emailed to me to include on the blog. To visit click here: http://meartsed.wordpress.com/
* Maine Leaders to Explore the Critical Connection Between Imagination, Creativity and Economic Development - April 5th at USM
* RSU 25 Arts Educators Workshop Day - working with the arts teachers on Friday
* Bates College Approves Dance Major - after several years of work
* Youth Art Month - information on the YAM exhibit at the Portland Museum of Art
* Reindeer Alternative Music Program - opportunity for music students
* In Today's News - article about Wanda Whitener in the Bar Harbor Times
* 11 Ways to Learn in 2011
* In Today's News - USM chamber singers visiting schools
* Congratulations Music Educator Wanda Whitener - nominated for the 2012 Maine Teacher of the Year
* In Today's News - student completes art work for exhibit and students photo on screen saver
* Bates Festival Announces - summer season coming up
Perhaps I will see you on Friday, April 1st at the Maine Art Educators Conference at USM, Gorham campus. Not to late to register http://www.mainearted.org/. Thank you in advance to Kelly Hrenko who was the conference planner with many of her new colleagues and Maine educators. Or maybe I will see you on April 5th at the USM, Portland campus for the Imagination Conversation taking place. Register at http://bit.ly/aAdRV4.
Make it a great last week in March,
Applications for Regional Assessment Leaders are now being accepted. Deadline: April 15th. Application at http://www.maine.gov/education/lres/vpa/news.html
Blog post on the Maine Arts Ed Assessment Initiative at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/2011/03/16/youre-invited-to-participate/ with details of the plan on wiki: http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com/w/page/28365527/Maine-Arts-Assessment
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts