[DOE-Arts] Golden yellows and deep reds!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Oct 9 10:15:37 EDT 2012
Not sure which I like to look at more the golden yellows or deep oranges and reds of fall?! Wow, has it been beautiful. Our wood pile is growing slowly, one wheel barrel at a time and hopefully it will be all moved in by the time the first snow flies. Sounds like parts of Minnesota got a 12 inch surprise! In 1998 on this date my family was in Minnesota. So that could have been us, snowbound in a travel trailer!
This past week was filled with adventure and it has taken two nights of 12 hours of sleep over the weekend to help me catch up. Today's blog post fills in the details of last week which I hope you will take the time to read. It includes updates on the national arts standards work and Maine's arts assessment initiative and more! Below are the latest posts - so much content continues to flood my email! A great big thanks to those who send me information.
* What a Week! - MAAI info as well as info on AEAG, NASSA, NEA, SEADAE and more! (I hate it when acronyms are used so please read the post to learn more)
* Playing for Maine - Maine's own version of Playing for Change, created in Portland
* Arts Integration Transforming Schools - A Kennedy Center school in Maryland is highlighted in Edutopia and video footage is available
* Articles (lots of them!) - The title says it all!
* Arts -N-Kids - Karen Hartnagle on the radio speaking about her arts programs including dance
* In Today's News - Karmin visits Yarmouth Middle School to perform
* Connections: Arts and Common Core Standards in ELA and Math - What is the connection for arts education to the Common Core ELA and Math? Resources provided
* Hampden Academy's Bronco - Forest Hart is a generous artist
Periodically I receive emails from teachers needing contact hours for recertification. Here are opportunities that I am sure will provide quality learning along with contact hours:
* International Visual Literacy Conference in Portland on Saturday, October 13th, USM. FMI and to register: http://meartsed.wordpress.com/?s=visual+literacy+conference+
* Cross Disciplinary for ME Literacy Network arts education webinars, to register: http://www.maine.gov/doe/literacy-for-me/cdln.html
Thank you for the important work you do each day providing a quality arts education to students!
Make it a great day,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts