[DOE-Arts] Off and running!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Thu Aug 29 05:08:42 EDT 2013
I know that you are off and running into a new school year. I am sending my BEST WISHES that it is a fabulous start for everyone - whatever your role is in education - you are APPRECIATED!
Below are the latest blog posts located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/.
* Nestor Changes Arts Ed Positions - Read about my latest move!
* Advancing Arts Ed Report - Wolf, Farbman, and Sherlock on 24-7 learning
* Skills Needed for Today's World - Lisa Phillips, writer of The Artisitic Edge: 7 Skills Children Need to Succeed in an Increasingly Right Brain World, blog post
* Professional Development: Why? - National Education Association article on the place of PD in today's educational opportunities for teachers
* Patterns of Innovation - Partnership for 21st Century Skills site
* Grant Opportunity - National Endowment for the Arts offering money
* Standards-Based Education - What do those words all mean?
* In Today's News - Winslow community advocating for arts ed
Most importantly is the upcoming biennial arts education conference on October 24 Arts Education: Leading the Way. Being held at the Collins Center for the Arts on the UMaine campus in Orono. I know sometimes it takes time to gain approval from your school districts. Please don't delay as the cost until September 15 is $75.00. The opening session will include Lynn Tuttle from Arizona, sharing information on the National Core Arts Standards. Registration information is at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and Performing/Conference-Education#<http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and-Performing/Conference-Education#>
Make it a great school year,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Learn about the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative at http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Registration for the October 24 statewide Arts Education Conference Arts Education: Leading the Way is available at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and-Performing/Conference-Education#
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts