[DOE-Arts] It's snowing!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Dec 3 06:27:26 EST 2013

Snow in Augusta and snow on the blog! Now I only need snow at home - and the world will be just right!  Yes, I am thrilled to see the snow. I hope that your winter is filled with fun in the snow and safe driving!

Two important announcements today:
Maine Department of Education webpages
The DOE has updating the arts education pages and are located at http://www.maine.gov/doe/arts/. Hopefully you will
Facebook
For those of you who use Facebook, the Maine Arts Education page (MEArtsEducation) has been created. I invite you to visit and 'like' and comment and spread the information being provided by the list-serv and the blog. This is another opportunity for you to learn from each other. I hear over and over how much teachers feel like they are part of a community of arts education and not as isolated because of the list-serv and blog. I hope that you will share your knowledge on Maine Arts Education Facebook community. Find us at MEArtsEducation! www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation<http://hwww.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation>.

Below are the most recent blog posts - THANK YOU to those who contribute topics for the meartsed blog located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Please send me items that you think would be interesting to others.

  *   Maine Arts Ed on Facebook - YES!
  *   Screen Saver Opportunity MLTI - 6th year of chance for students to submit artwork
  *   Keller is Board Certified - Congrats to Genevieve for achieving Nat. Board Certification
  *   Maine Fiberarts Exhibit - Underway now in Topsham
  *   Creativity Crisis - How essential are the Arts?
  *   Thanksgiving - the importance of making music to a writer
  *   MegaEllsworth - MAAI provides professional development opportunity in Ellsworth - 44 teachers attend - more megas on the way - info at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#

With Thanksgiving behind us and the next big holiday just around the corner I want to THANK YOU for the quality opportunities you offer students each day in the Arts!

Make it a great December,
Argy

Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
207/287-2725 Fax
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
MaineArts.com<http://MaineArts.com>
http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ Blog
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Mega-regional workshop registration is now open! Learn more at
http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation