[DOE-Arts] Happy Christmas Eve!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Dec 24 08:23:02 EST 2013

Good morning on the day before Christmas!
I know that many of you have started on a well-deserved winter break and you may not see this email until you return to your teaching until after the 2014 starts. This email is filled with warm wishes for a very special holiday and the best new year!

Below are the most recent blog posts which will continue through the break and are located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. All kinds of resources, ideas, events - thanks to everyone who sent info!

  *   Annual Holiday Show - dancers from Lake Region School district
  *   New England Band Festival - several Maine schools participated
  *   National Endowment for the Arts - programs and resources
  *   Washington County Arts Ed Funding - $1000.00 grants available
  *   Today! - My memories from the last day before break
  *   Maine Youth Rock Orchestra - new program of MAMM
  *   Logo Contest - quick turn around for artwork
  *   Mad Science and the Arts -  Jonathan Katz book review
  *   Sweet Tree Arts - read about the center and watch the video - Lindsey Pinchbeck is someone you should know

MEGA-REGIONAL WORKSHOPS SCHEDULED
The Maine Arts Assessment Initiative (MAAI) has three more all day Mega-regional workshops scheduled. The next one is on Monday, January 13, UMF, $20. Several workshops are offered along with discussions on technology resources and proficiency based work. Please join us - registration and detailed information is located at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#.

As 2013 comes to an end I am reminded of how hugely grateful I am for the work you do each day for providing quality arts education programs for students! From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU! I look forward to working with you in 2014!
Make it a great day,
Argy

Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
207/287-2725 Fax
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
MaineArts.com<http://MaineArts.com>
http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ Blog
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Mega-regional workshop registration is now open! Learn more at
http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation