[DOE-Arts] Happy Christmas Eve!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Dec 24 08:23:02 EST 2013
Good morning on the day before Christmas!
I know that many of you have started on a well-deserved winter break and you may not see this email until you return to your teaching until after the 2014 starts. This email is filled with warm wishes for a very special holiday and the best new year!
Below are the most recent blog posts which will continue through the break and are located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. All kinds of resources, ideas, events - thanks to everyone who sent info!
* Annual Holiday Show - dancers from Lake Region School district
* New England Band Festival - several Maine schools participated
* National Endowment for the Arts - programs and resources
* Washington County Arts Ed Funding - $1000.00 grants available
* Today! - My memories from the last day before break
* Maine Youth Rock Orchestra - new program of MAMM
* Logo Contest - quick turn around for artwork
* Mad Science and the Arts - Jonathan Katz book review
* Sweet Tree Arts - read about the center and watch the video - Lindsey Pinchbeck is someone you should know
MEGA-REGIONAL WORKSHOPS SCHEDULED
The Maine Arts Assessment Initiative (MAAI) has three more all day Mega-regional workshops scheduled. The next one is on Monday, January 13, UMF, $20. Several workshops are offered along with discussions on technology resources and proficiency based work. Please join us - registration and detailed information is located at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#.
As 2013 comes to an end I am reminded of how hugely grateful I am for the work you do each day for providing quality arts education programs for students! From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU! I look forward to working with you in 2014!
Make it a great day,
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Mega-regional workshop registration is now open! Learn more at
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts