[DOE-Arts] Happy New Year!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Dec 31 10:51:08 EST 2013

I hope you are enjoying the holiday and are having a restful few days off from the routine of teaching. You certainly deserve it and I am sooooooo grateful for the work you do providing an outstanding arts education for all students. As I type and look out the window at the beautiful snow I realize how fortunate I am in my work to able to interact with you. As another year comes to an end I say THANK YOU! May your 2014 be filled with outstanding art, music, theatre, and dance!

The blog posts from this last week are located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Thanks for all the links, suggestions, and information that you send for me to post.

  *   Technology Remaking Arts Ed - How is technology impacting arts education?
  *   Art and Missing Children - Using art to raise awareness
  *   damali ayo - coming to Camden Hills Regional High School, Strom Auditorium, January 15
  *   Earning Credit for Real-Life Experiences - Providence Afterschool Alliance providing learning opps for students
  *   Cross Discipline Literacy Webinars - Recorded webinars are available
  *   Winter Weather - Ice, snow, and sunshine
  *   Wreaths - Evergreens a symbol of strength

MEGA-REGIONAL WORKSHOPS SCHEDULED - UMF, January 13 - register today!
The Maine Arts Assessment Initiative (MAAI) has three more all day Mega-regional workshops scheduled. The next one is on Monday, January 13, UMF, $20. Several workshops are offered along with discussions on technology resources and proficiency based work. Please join us - registration and detailed information is located at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#.

I know that it is chilly in the mid-coast this morning but nothing compared to the temperatures I see on the map that our friends in Aroostook county are having. Stay warm and safe!

Make it a great day,
Argy

Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
207/287-2725 Fax
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
MaineArts.com<http://MaineArts.com>
http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ Blog
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Mega-regional workshop registration is now open! Learn more at
http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation