[DOE-Arts] Happy 1st week in February!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Feb 5 07:19:25 EST 2013
I hope your February is off to a great start! My early morning walks have been VERY chilly!
Over the last several months I have written several posts on the National Core Arts Standards. On January 14 the Conceptual Framework was released which outlines the grounding philosophy, the primary goals, and the dynamic processes, structures and outcomes that shape student learning and achievement in dance, media arts, music, theatre and visual arts. The latest blog post is at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/live-stream-national-core-arts-standards/. If you want to read others go to the 'search archives' box on the right side of the front page of the blog and type in 'National Standards'.
In the MAEA March newsletter and the MMEA Bulletin I have provided several links, the timeline, and other details of the National Core Arts Standards work. If you are a member of one of these professional organizations and receive the publications I hope you will take time to read the information and go to the links. If you have any questions please email me at argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>.
Below are the latest blog posts found at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Thank you to those who have sent me information to include in blog posts. I welcome your comments, topics, and resources!
* Kids Learn From the Arts - blogger Lisa Phillips provides a thorough list that you might find useful
* Habits of Mind - Studio Thinking summarized by Lisbon High School art teacher Pam Ouellette
* Learn from the Arts - #10: not to run with scissors
* Vision of the Future - 6 artists from around the world and their future vision
* Artwork Bigger Than Life! - Troy Howard Middle School students create giant sculptures with art teacher Lynnette Sproch
* Miller School Exhibit - Tidemark Gallery collaborates with art teacher Brooke Holland to show student work
* AP Studio Art Network - teachers meet at the Gamble Center at the Farnsworth
Thank you for your commitment to bringing quality arts education to all students!
Make it a great February,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Learn about the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative at http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Register for the Mega-regional workshops at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts