Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Feb 12 09:05:32 EST 2013
WhoooOOoooo HoOOoooo! As you can imagine I was pretty excited by the big snowstorm. What a treat for me! I hope you enjoyed it as well and I hope that your last week before winter break is GREAT! There will not be an email to the list-serv next Tuesday but it will continue on February 26th! Best wishes for a fabulous break filled with what you love most in life!
New Blog Series
I am thrilled to be offering today a new series of blog posts on Creativity. Perhaps it will provide a reason to have a conversation with your colleagues in your district. We hear the word creativity being used over and over these days. What do we really mean? Please take a few minutes and read the post and by all means forward the link to your colleagues and others who are interested. A great big THANK YOU to Bronwyn Sale and Trudy Wilson who are responsible for writing the series of posts.
This weeks blog posts are listed below and located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Along with the Creativity post the others are filled with important information and opportunities! THANKS to those who have sent information for the blog including the latest student and teacher opportunities and upcoming events. You can link to these from the front page of the blog, right side. If you have info please email it to me at argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>.
* Creativity: What Do We Really Mean? - First in a series of blog posts written by Bronwyn Sale and Trudy Wilson
* In Today's News - Perpetual music fund
* Music in Our Schools Month and Youth Art Month - plan ahead for March!
* Graduate Courses Available - Art and Music assessment courses
* Monhegan Artists' Residency - 1 week on the island for an art educator
* MAEA Spring Conference - April 6, UMaine
* Congratulations Mike Davis - Music teacher inducted into the Educator Hall of Fame
* Common Core and the ARTS - College Board releases crosswalk of CCSS and the Arts
* In Today's News - Student selected for the American High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative
Yesterday the MAAI teacher leaders and leadership team met for an all day meeting looking at the feedback that participants have provided from the last year and one half. Anytime a group of arts educators gather the creative ideas flow. At the end of the day we have a list of goals that will help us form Phase 3 of the MAAI. Watch for a blog post that provides information.
Registration for the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative USM Mega-regional workshop is closed. We are at our limit for the March 1st workshop. There is still space at the Mega-regional workshops in Ellsworth and Easton. If interested please register at http://www.maine.gov/education/lres/vpa/assessment.html#megaregional.
THANK YOU for all the GREAT work you do each day educating students in the ARTS!
Make it a great day,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Learn about the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative at http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Register for the Mega-regional workshops at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts