[DOE-Arts] BIG NEWS TODAY!!!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Jan 15 12:44:00 EST 2013
I have wonderful news and several news items today! Today's blog post at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ includes the news release with the announcement of the Conceptual Framework for the Core Arts National Standards. I know that many of you have been waiting for this information. I urge you to share the post http://meartsed.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/national-coalition-for-core-arts-standards-release/ with your colleagues, administrators, curriculum leaders, school board members, parents, and other community members. On Friday, January 18, 4:00 there will be a live broadcast to formally release the framework. Information to attend is in the blog post.
The most recent blog posts below are posted at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/.
* National Coalition for Core Arts Standards Released!!!
* Funding Resources - $
* What Makes You Think? - brain pickings
* Vox Nova Chamber Choir - concert January 26, Bowdoin College Chapel
* Eepy Bird and TED - Familiar with TED?
* STEM/STEAM - more thought provoking info on the topic
* What a Day! - videotaping at York High School (MAAI related<http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com%20>)
* Due to the possible inclement weather the regional workshop planned by phase 2 teacher leaders Gloria Hewett, Pam Ouellette, and Leone Donovan has been CANCELED AND RESCHEDULED for next Wednesday, January 23 at Messalonskee High School in Oakland. If you are interested in attending please email Gloria @ ghewett at rsu3.org<mailto:ghewett at rsu3.org>. If you'd like details on the workshop please go to http://www.maine.gov/education/lres/vpa/assessment.html <http://www.maine.gov/education/lres/vpa/assessment.html%20>
* The New England Institute for Teacher Education<http://www.newenglandinstitute.org/> is offering a three-credit graduation course called Refining Arts Assessment in the Music Classroom (K-12). The course is being taught by MAAI teacher leader Jake Sturtevant who teaches music at Bonny Eagle High School. Dates: Fri/Sat March 8, 9 and June 21, 22. Friday sessions: 4-8pm, Saturday sessions: 8-4pm. Bangor area (specific location TBD). Cost: $950.00 for three graduate credits (granted through an academic partnership with Endicott College). FMI contact newenglandinstitute at gmail.com<mailto:newenglandinstitute at gmail.com> or to register, click here<http://newenglandinstitute.org/index.php/assessment-practices-in-the-6-12-music-classroom/>.
Make it a great day,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Learn about the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative at http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Register for the Mega-regional workshops at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts