[DOE-Arts] Happy July!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Wed Jul 10 02:54:53 EDT 2013
I hope your July is off to a great start and that your summer is going well! I wondered about my flowers during the hot spell last week - some were not happy but my meyer lemon tree absolutely loved it. The 17 lemons are growing very fast.
This weeks blog posts located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/
* Reflecting on the Summer Institute - thinking about teaching, learning, assessment?!
* National Core Arts Standards Feedback - now is your chance!
* Art and Math - Some very cool opportunities
* MLTI Summer PD - Bowdoin College, July 23 to 25
* Jellybeans and Celebrating Life - Take the 2 minutes and 45 seconds PLEASE!
* Happy 4th! - Check out my strawberry jam
* Art - The 1st Language - Deb Bickford's blog
* Congratulations Suzanne Goulet - A well deserved honor and award
* Maine License Plate - You could have one with LOVE on it
* NCAS - June 30 to July 15 - Time to step up
* Schools Adding Time to Teach Arts - Research supports it
* Another Successful MAAI Summer Institute - MAAI has a growing group loving the work
* LED Ballroom Dances - Engineering and art students collaborate
* Happy Retirement - Combined over 350 years of teaching the arts! YAY!
NATIONAL CORE ARTS STANDARDS
It's your turn to step up and use your voice! Provide feedback on the National Core Arts Standards! The public review is underway for the PK-8 grade drafts of the next generation national arts standards - June 30th and ending July 15th. Please go to the National Coalition for Core Arts Standards website at http://nccas.wikispaces.com<http://nccas.wikispaces.com/> or the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/NationalCoalitionForCoreArtsStandards<http://www.facebook.com/NationalCoalitionForCoreArtsStandards> for instructions and a link to the survey review tool. Any interested parties may review the standards. All will be asked to view a short powerpoint webinar prior to accessing the review survey on Survey Monkey.
STATEWIDE ARTS EDUCATION CONFERENCE - Request a PD day!
Arts Education: Leading the Way being held Thursday, October 24, UMaine, Orono, Collins Center for the Arts. The one-day conference will precede the Maine Arts Commission two-day conference The International Conference on Arts and Culture: Strengthen the Core, 2013. Please SAVE THE DATE and request a professional day now so you can join us in 114 days. The cost for the one-day conference is $75! Purchase your ticket now at https://tickets.collinscenterforthearts.org/auto_choose_ga.asp?area=116. PLEASE NOTE: School invoices will not be an option this years statewide conference!
If you used the Lunder Maine Student Membership Program, to bring school groups to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston during the past year they are in need of your help. Approximately 2,731 students visited this year. Willamarie Moore is preparing the annual report and would like you to send her photos and/or testimonials. Please contact Willamarie at WMoore at mfa.org<mailto:WMoore at mfa.org> ASAP!
Make it a great July,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Learn about the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative at http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts