[DOE-Arts] Happy last week in July!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Jul 23 07:25:16 EDT 2013
I write this email to you as a gentle rain falls helping the grass to remain green and the flowers to bloom. I hope you are enjoying the summer as much as I am!
I travel to UMaine, Orono today to meet about some of the details for the Statewide Arts Education Conference, Arts Education: Leading the Way, Thursday, October 24, Collins Center for the Arts. I am looking forward to a conversation with Laura Artesani from the music department among others. I hope that you've requested a professional day so you can join us in 93 days. The cost for the one-day conference is $75 which includes lunch. (Price goes up after September 1). The one-day conference precedes the Maine Arts Commission two-day conference (which is a separate fee) Maine International Conference on the Arts. To learn more about the conferences please go to http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and-Performing/Conference-Education#. PLEASE NOTE: The workshop titles and details, all provided by MAAI teacher leaders will be available in the next few days! Purchase your ticket now at https://tickets.collinscenterforthearts.org/auto_choose_ga.asp?area=116. PLEASE NOTE: School invoices will not be an option at this years statewide conference!
The last two weeks blog posts are listed below and are located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. You will find a variety of topics - THANK YOU to those who have sent me information to include!
* Standards-Based Arts Classrooms Videos - You asked for it, you got it!
* In Today's News - Student Film Festival
* Surreal Self-Portraits - Thinking about Media Arts? Check out Zev's artwork
* Collaboration & Sustainability in Arts Ed - Considering new approaches for students to learn the Arts?
* Art and the Economy - In Britain the potential impact, good or not so good?
* In Today's News - UMA summer music program
* Exercise in Creative Thinking - Does the way we give directions impact the development of creative thinking?
* Colby College Museum of Art - A HUGE gift from Peter and Paula Lunder is worth a summer visit!
* Music Ed and Neuroscience - Live webinar on the topic this Thursday
* Videos with Valuable Info - Several resources on a variety of topics for use in teaching or otherwise
* Chinese Circus - Swan Lake - OMG, how does she do it?
* Maine Art Education Association - In the words of the new President, a trip to the Eastern Region Leadership Retreat
* Turnaround Arts - I AM AN ARTIST, I AM A STUDENT, I AM THE FUTURE
Make it a great last week in July,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Learn about the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative at http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts