[DOE-Arts] Happy Last Day of Winter
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Mar 19 06:48:14 EDT 2013
The last day of winter?? Hmmmm! By looking out the window this morning it looks like winter but not quite the last day. Several people have said recently: "March is a winter month in Maine" and that sure looks accurate this morning. I'm ready for another big snowstorm, even if the calendar says that tomorrow is the first day of Spring! This is another busy week.
* I travel to Mount Desert Island High School on Thursday to assist Debi Lynn Baker while she gathers video footage of Charlie Johnson and the standards based arts education they are doing at the school.
* The 3rd Cross Content Literacy and Arts webinar facilitated by music teacher Jen Nash and art teachers Lisa Gilman and Suzanne Goulet will take place on Thursday, March 22, 3:00 - 4:00. Watch for the blog post with details on how to join them.
* I look forward to Friday when I will be in Aroostook county for the 3rd Mega-regional workshop being held at Easton Schools with 30 arts teachers participating. Thank you to Pam Kinsey for arranging the details!
Below are the blog posts from the last week found at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Thank you to those who continue to send me information to post. There are added opportunities for teachers and students. Be sure and check on the right side of the front page of the blog to link to those.
* Another Arts Teacher's Story: Barbara Weed - MAAI Teacher Leader tells her story
* Bangor Mall Art Exhibit - Art in the Heart holding their annual Youth Art Month exhibit
* Maine Calling - Julie Richard, Don Tuski, and Aimee Petrin are guests on last weeks show talking about being an artist
* Grad Courses in Arts Assessment - New England Institute for Teacher Education courses
* 2013-14 Screen Savers - Student artists selected
* General Music Workshop - March 29 at Windam Primary School
* News Release - The National Endowment for the Arts are hosting a webinar tomorrow, Wednesday
* Brain Awareness Week - Last week at UNE
We have our third Mega-regional workshop taking place this Friday, March 22 at Easton schools and our last Mega-regional workshop for the school year taking place on Friday, March 29 at Ellsworth High School. If you'd like to attend you will have until this Thursday, March 21, at noon to register. Please go to http://www.maine.gov/education/lres/vpa/assessment.html#megaregional for registration information. A GREAT big THANK YOU to all the teacher leaders for stepping up and taking on the leadership role to offer these opportunities to your colleagues across the state!
Thank you for the important work you do each day insuring
Make it a great ARTS Education Month,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Learn about the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative at http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Register for the Mega-regional workshops at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts