[DOE-Arts] Happy Spring!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Mar 26 06:24:01 EDT 2013
What a beautiful Sunday we had - the smell of Spring is in the air even though the weather in other parts of the country has been less than Springlike. We took a couple of chairs out of the cellar so we could eat lunch on the deck. It was, needless to say, lovely! And on top of that I am no longer wearing my snow pants on my early morning walks.
MEGA-REGIONAL WORKSHOP in AROOSTOOK COUNTY A SUCCESS!
Last Friday was an incredible week that ended on Friday in Easton where 30 arts educators came together for professional development provided by the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative Teacher Leaders Alice Sullivan, Samantha Orchard, Susan Beaulier, Mari-Jo Hedman, and Pam Kinsey. MLTI technology integrators Jim Wells, Lindsey Farnham, Ann Marie Hutton, and Tim Hart offered workshops also. It was a GRAND DAY out. Thanks to Easton music educator Pam Kinsey for her help arranging the workshop in her district! And, to the teachers of Aroostook county who could attend, YAHOOO!
Below are the most recent blog posts that are located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Thank you to those who send me information and write blog posts! If you have an idea for a blog post please email me!
* Another Arts Teacher's Story: Andria Chase - read about the work and beliefs of this music teacher leader
* In Today's News - Heidi Anderson and her students at jazz festival
* Essence of the North Student Art Exhibit - fabulous art exhibit by Aroostook county students thanks to their art teachers
* "Founder" of Bates Dance Festival - read about Jane Weiner and watch and listen to her TED talk
* Everything's a Remix - vimeo site
* UMaine Humanities Initiative - opportunity in May
* In Today's News - Hunter Wilbur and his love of music
* Hungry for Art - RSU 23 art exhibit at the Saco Museum
* Happy Spring! - Snow on the first day
* Cross Discipline Literacy Network - Exciting opportunity
CONGRESSIONAL ART COMPETITION
The deadline is March 28 - don't delay. The blog post with the details on the Congressional Art Competition is located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/call-for-high-school-artwork/
Thanks so much for all you do providing quality arts education for students! I really appreciate your commitment! Enjoy the last few days of ARTS Education Month!
Make it a great ARTS Education Month,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Learn about the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative at http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Register for the Mega-regional workshops at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts