[DOE-Arts] Happy Memorial Day!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue May 28 05:48:44 EDT 2013
I know that many of you were out yesterday with your bands marching in your communities' Memorial Day parades. Thank you for your commitment in making this an important part of each community honoring those who have died serving our country.
If you or someone you know is retiring please send their name, school, and years teaching to me argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>. Thank you!
The most recent blog posts located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ are listed below. Thank you to those who have sent me information to include in the blog.
* Another Arts Teacher's Story: Danette Kerrigan - Sacopee Valley Middle School MAAI teacher leader
* All-State In-Service Conference - Congrats to MMEA for offering a great PD
* Conrad Hutchins - One proud music teacher shares info on a former student
* Looking for Arts Teachers - Summer opportunity for VPA teachers
* Google Art Contest - Congrats to Falmouth Middle School 8th grader
* In Today's News - Congrats to Rick Nickerson, up for a Grammy Honor
* Another Student's Story - Biddeford Intermediate School 5th grade student shares his story
* Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam - The impact on the economy
* Arts Ed Partnership Research - Preparing Students for the Next America: The Benefits of an Arts Ed
STATEWIDE ARTS EDUCATION CONFERENCE
Arts Education: Leading the Way being held Thursday, October 24, UMaine, Orono, Collins Center for the Arts. The one-day conference will precede the Maine Arts Commission two-day conference The International Conference on Arts and Culture: Strengthen the Core, 2013. Please SAVE THE DATE and request a professional day now so you can join us in 156 days. The cost for the one-day conference is $75 - if you start now, that is 48 cents per day! Purchase your ticket now at https://tickets.collinscenterforthearts.org/auto_choose_ga.asp?area=116. PLEASE NOTE: School invoices will not be an option this years statewide conference!
Doing any STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math work? If so, and you are interested in sharing your work so others can learn from your successes, please contact me by email at argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>. I may have just the project for you!
THANK YOU for the work you do each day providing outstanding arts education programs for all students and have a great last week of May!
Make it a great day,
Visual and Performing Arts Specialist
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Learn about the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative at http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts