[DOE-Arts] Happy October!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Oct 1 05:59:39 EDT 2013

I hope you've been enjoying the last few beautiful days! The leaves are lovely on my early morning walks. I understand they are 75% peak up north! I am imagining them gorgeous!

Wonderful weather outside and busyness inside as we furiously prepare for the statewide biennial arts education conference Arts Education: Leading the Way being held at UMaine, Collins Center for the Arts, Thursday, October 24, $80.00. (PLEASE NOTE: purchase orders are not being accepted this year.) In fact, to provide you with as much information on the conference as possible this weeks blog posts will be on the conference starting with today's. Registration information is at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and Performing/Conference-Education#<http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and-Performing/Conference-Education#>. On October 25 and 26 the Maine Arts Commission is sponsoring the Maine International Conference on the Arts with information at https://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and-Performing/MICA-LANDING. Soooooo many outstanding opportunities!

Below are the latest blog posts that you can find at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/

  *   Arts Education: Leading the Way conference - register today!
  *   High School Standards Review - available for public comment now until Oct. 21
  *   A Trip to the Nutcracker - so cool to hear this Portland young persons story
  *   NH Arts Conference - Oct 25 and 25
  *   National Endowment for the Arts Funding
  *   Early Childhood Conference - November 16, Armory in Augusta

Thank you for the work you do each day educating students in the Arts. They are fortunate to have you and so is the state of Maine!

Make it a great October,
Argy

Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education