[DOE-Arts] Flying!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Oct 8 08:14:11 EDT 2013

I hope that your October is going well! I attended the Art in the Heart meeting yesterday and heard over and over "October month is flying by". My blog post today talks about "flying" literally and figuratively. I hope you will be joining us at the statewide arts education conference on October 24 Arts Education: Leading the Way at UMaine, Orono, Collins Center. Don't let another moment "fly" by! You can get all the information that you need at this link: https://mainearts.maine.gov/.

For the most part this weeks blog posts are about the October 24th conference and are available at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ and the topics include the following:

  *   You Can Fly! - A float plane ride and an arts classroom
  *   Ticket to Ride - Money available for the asking
  *   Opening Session Presentation NCAS - Lynn Tuttle to speak at October 24 arts ed conference
  *   Students - Invited to Conference - Just by showing their school ID
  *   Pick 3 Workshops - Read the offerings and see the presenters
  *   Arts Education Conference Workshops - Session titles listed
  *   How Do I Register for the Conference? - Step by step instructions

Just a reminder: The 35 conference workshops are provided by your colleagues from across the state, teacher leaders with the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative. If you have any questions about the conference or anything else Arts education related please email me at argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>.

REMINDER; The National Core Arts Standards high school draft was released on September 30 and will be available for public review until October 21. What do you think? Should Maine adopt the proposed standards? Please review them and provide feedback! Lynn Tuttle, a leader in the development of the standards, will be providing the NCAS overview at the October 24th opening conference session.

Make it a great day,
Argy

Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education