[DOE-Arts] Beautiful mornings!
Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Oct 15 07:12:00 EDT 2013
I love the early morning sky during October. The impact of the upper air temperatures on the colors have been spectacular. I hope you've had a chance to enjoy them and had a chance to get outside on your three-day weekend.
I am sending you TONS of information in this weeks email to the Maine Arts Ed List-serv. Please don't miss the very last blog post title: I'm a Teacher, An Educator, A Professional where Sue Beaulier from Ashland is very articulate about our profession. You won't want to miss it!
* The Visual and Performing Arts Specialist position at the Maine Department of Education (the position I left in September) has been posted. If you are interested in learning more and applying please read today's blog post. The deadline is October 25th.
* From now until October 21st you have the opportunity to review the draft of the high school standards that are part of the National Core Arts Standards. Please click here http://nccas.wikispaces.com to take a look and provide your feedback.
* Director of Arts Education from the AZ Department of Education and leader in the NCAS work Lynn Tuttle will be providing a presentation (and follow-up session) on the NCAS at the Statewide Biennial Arts Education: Leading the Way conference on October 24, UMaine, Collins Center for the Arts.
* Don't delay, learn more and register for the conference today at https://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and-Performing/Conference-Education. Step-by-step instructions on registering are at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/how-do-i-register-for-the-conference/. Remember: Over 30 workshops are being offered by your colleagues, the Teacher Leaders, of the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative<http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com>. Please email me argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov> if you have questions.
LATEST BLOG POSTS, located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com:
* MDOE VPA Postion - Information on the requirements for the job, October 25 deadline!
* Statewide Arts Ed Conference - Links and details to all the info you need to learn about the conference
* Museum Visits: Benefits to Students - Research supports taking students to museums
* Expanded School Day - Webinar presented by Americans for the Arts and Center on Time & Learning
* Cross Discipline Literary Network - Webinar series and face-to-face meetings coming up
* MacArthur Foundation - Pretty amazing people
* I'm a Teacher, An Educator, A Professional! - Art Teacher Susan Beaulier makes a HUGE statement!
THANK YOU for the work you do each day educating students with a quality ARTS education!
Make it a great day,
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Registration for the October 24 statewide Arts Education: Leading the Way conference http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and-Performing/Conference-Education#
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DOE-Arts