[DOE-Arts] Zoooooming along!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Oct 22 00:54:41 EDT 2013

The excitement is intense these days as I scurry around getting ready for the conference that is happening in two days, October 24, (check out today's blog post) and getting ready for winter (check out yesterday's blog post). I am looking forward to the almost 200 teachers who have registered for the conference of which several are staying for all three days (Leading the Way and MICA).

NCAS
I just learned that the window for public feedback window for the National Core Arts Standards has been extended until October 28. Those of you who filled out the survey - thanks so much! Those of you who didn't you've still got time. Please go to http://nccas.wikispaces.com/ and let your voice be heard!

Leading the Way conference
Every week since April I have been including a note in the email to the list-serv info on the conference. Interestingly enough most of the registrations have poured in during the last two weeks. There is still space for you to register. Thursday, October 24, UMaine, If you can join us please do so by clicking here https://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and-Performing/Conference-Register# <https://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Media-and-Performing/Conference-Register#%20>  to purchase your ticket.

And, the latest blog posts located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ are:

  *   Getting Ready - Leading the Way - Crazy, busy on last minute details for the conference
  *   Stacking Wood - The parallels between stacking wood and professional development
  *   Van Gogh Out of the Woodwork - Yes, they've discovered another one
  *   Learning Creative Learning - MIT Media Lab
  *   NCAS Feedback - Let your voice be heard
  *   Connections to Music Training - Study just out on music training and the world
  *   Google Garage - Bringing people together in the garage

As the fall turns to winter and the temperature drops I hope that you will warm up your classrooms with the sites and sounds of Arts Education and invite others in to see the amazing work that you and your students are doing! Thanks for the important work you do each day!

Make it a great day,
Argy

Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education