[DOE-Arts] Happy Vacation!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Mon Apr 21 21:57:44 EDT 2014

I hope that you are enjoying your spring break and that wherever you are the sun is shining! It has been such fun to spend time outside doing outside stuff this weekend!

While you're on vacation the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative team is busy planning the New England Summit on Arts Education - registration is open - http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/NESummit# - details below.

Also busy this week is the Maine Arts Commission staff and they want to hear from you. Starting today, you can attend and provide feedback to help design Maine's Cultural Arts plan. MAC staff will be in Portland, Kennebunk, Hallowell, Bangor, and Belfast. See the post topic below.

RECENT BLOG POSTS
Below are the most recent blog posts located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/.

  *   MAEA Awardees - Celebrating our colleagues
  *   Pam Kinsey Blog Post - Join Pam at the New England Summit on Arts Education
  *   Playwright Competition - Kennedy Center, for middle and high school students
  *   Community Supported Arts Project - Collaborative project with a history
  *   Cultural & Strategic Planning Kickoff - Maine Arts Commission on the road this week - please join them
  *   The Ant Girls - Art exhibit at USM, Lewiston campus - apply for Ticket to Ride funds to take your students
  *   Lisa's Room - A visit to teacher leader Lisa Ingraham's classroom in Madison to video tape as part of the resources for Maine Arts Assessment Initiative

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
The New England Summit on Arts Education, July 29, 30, 31, USM, Portland. Participants will select from three strands to meet your needs. Cost: $299, early bird special (by May 30), $274, additional $25 savings for teams (2 or more). Learn more and register at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/NESummit#  Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you for the important work you do each day educating Maine students!

Make it a great Spring vacation,
Argy

Ms. Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
207/287-2725 Fax
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
MaineArts.com<http://MaineArts.com>
http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ Blog
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
New England Summit on Arts Education July 29, 30, 31. Information and registration
http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/NESummit#
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation