[DOE-Arts] Happy last days of April!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Apr 29 06:57:10 EDT 2014

I hope you all had a wonderful Spring break and that you did exactly what you wanted to for the entire week! I trust that you are back in your respective educational environments, setting the world on fire! I email you this morning from Washington, D.C. where everything is VERY GrEEEEEEn! I am here for the National Poetry Out Loud events until Thursday. 53 state champions (teenagers) filled with energy and poetry! You can read about it at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/2014/04/28/poetry-out-loud-2/. If you email me please this week know that I might not get back to you after returning to Maine.

RECENT BLOG POSTS
Below are the most recent blog posts located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Thanks to everyone who sent me information to post. It is great to hear from you - please don't hesitate to send me information on anything arts education related. It is especially wonderful to share what is going on in arts ed classrooms across the state.

  *   New England Summit on Arts Education - July 29, 30, 31
  *   Poetry Out Loud - National finals taking place right now
  *   So Long Bonnie and THANKS! - a message from the intern
  *   Superhero Designs - interesting ideas
  *   In Today's News - MDOE puts out information
  *   Call for Artists - opportunity for adults and student artists
  *   Developing a Proficiency-Based System - planning, creating, designing now for the future

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
The New England Summit on Arts Education, July 29, 30, 31, USM, Portland. Participants will select from three strands to meet your needs. Cost: $299, early bird special (by May 30), $274, additional $25 savings for teams (2 or more). Learn more and register at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/NESummit#  Please contact me if you have any questions.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the important work you do each day educating Maine students in the ARTS!

Make it a great day,
Argy

Ms. Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
207/287-2725 Fax
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
MaineArts.com<http://MaineArts.com>
http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ Blog
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
New England Summit on Arts Education July 29, 30, 31. Information and registration
http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/NESummit#
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation