[DOE-Arts] Back to School!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Jan 7 06:33:04 EST 2014

I know that some of you have not returned from your break due to weather. I hope that you've been safe from harm on the road and walking and that your home is warm! The ice and snow are certainly beautiful and have provided plenty of photo opportunities! I think I have walked more with my creepers on lately, than without them. What a Maine winter we're having all over the state! Thanks to Ed Boynton for sending me photos of the snow in Frenchville (way up north!) YAHOOOOOO!

Latest blog posts can be found at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Thanks to those who have sent me information to post.

  *   What's Your Resolution - got one?
  *   Using Social Media - branding your arts education programs
  *   Georgian National Ballet - ouch, it hurts my knees just watching this video
  *   Better Thinkers and Nicer People - yes, the arts!
  *   Final Public Review for NCAS - another opportunity for you to provide your feedback on the national arts standards
  *   Arts Integration Prezi - Prezi and arts integration in one presentation
  *   Happy, Happy New Year! - looking back, looking ahead

MEGA-REGIONAL WORKSHOPS
Mega-regional Maine Arts Assessment Initiative workshop canceled for UMF, January 13. There is still time to register for USM and UMOs workshops. Information is located at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#.

LOGO CONTEST DEADLINE EXTENDED
The Maine County Commissioner's Association logo contest deadline has been extended to January 31st. For more information please go to the blog post at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/2013/12/19/logo-contest/.

FACEBOOK
Maine Arts Education facebook is located at https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation, Please check it out and let others know about it!

THANKS FOR THE WORK YOU DO FOR STUDENTS AND THEIR ARTS EDUCATION!

Make it a great YEAR,
Argy

Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
207/287-2725 Fax
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
MaineArts.com<http://MaineArts.com>
http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ Blog
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Mega-regional workshop registration is now open! Learn more at
http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation