[DOE-Arts] Another Chilly Week!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue Jan 28 13:30:10 EST 2014

I hope that you are keeping warm and using the Arts to get you through the chilly season. The sun is definitely stronger and feeling it come through my office window is a treat!

Below are the latest blog posts that you can find at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Thank you to those who have sent me information to post!

  *   Arts Learning Grant - MAC funding available for arts education
  *   1,777th Post - can you believe it?
  *   Harlow Educators Meet - Wed. at the Harlow Gallery
  *   College Board Arts Awards - Excellence and Innovation in the Arts
  *   Arts Education K-12 Reform References - useful statistics in communicating about arts education
  *   How to Raise Money - opportunity for arts organizations
  *   Talk About Advocacy - Ed Boynton, Madawaska music teacher shares All Aroostook Music Festival info and pics

Message from a Colleague
My name is Heather, and I will be presenting my master¹s research paper on factors contributing to adolescent male participation and motivation in the middle school studio classroom at the upcoming 2014 NAEA convention in San Diego.  Because my district was only able to fund the cost of registration, I have launched a crowd funding campaign to help defray the cost of travel and lodging expenses.  This is an amazing professional opportunity to share my findings with art educators from across the county, and I hope you will be able to forward my GoFundMe page to donors who may be interested in supporting research and advocacy in visual art ed.  Thank you for your time and support ­ if you have any questions, please let me know. https://sites.google.com/site/boysmakeart http://www.gofundme.com/6d1ios

Make it a great last week in January and thanks so much for everything you do for Arts education!

Make it a great day,
Argy

Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
207/287-2725 Fax
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
MaineArts.com<http://MaineArts.com>
http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ Blog
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com
Mega-regional workshop registration is now open! Learn more at
http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI-Mega-Regionals#
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation