[DOE-Arts] May is zipping by!

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Mon May 12 22:06:27 EDT 2014

I can not believe that it is almost the middle of May! My tulips are smaller this year but the blooms are just coming and should be open tomorrow, if the weather cooperates. I hope you got a chance to get outside this weekend and enjoy the weather. My annual Mother’s Day trek to Damariscotta Mills to see the alewives swimming upstream was a DELIGHT!

RECENT BLOG POSTS
Below are the most recent blog posts located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/. Thanks to everyone who sent me information to post. It is great to hear from you - please don't hesitate to send me information on anything arts education related. It is especially wonderful to share what is going on in arts ed classrooms across the state.

  *   Another Arts Teacher’s Story: Jen Etter - read about what Jen has to say about assessment and other music education topics
  *   LD 1422 Webinar - If you missed the webinar last week, it is archived so you can take an hour and check it out
  *   People Who WERE Teachers - interested
  *   Inspiring Teachers - videos of the National Teacher of the Year finalists
  *   Gone Fishing - do something that you love today
  *   Vote by May 9th - hopefully all of you voted for the Albert S. Hall School, Waterville students Doodle 4 Google design
  *   Laughter - what a great survival tool - cost nothing and can carry it with you anywhere

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
We have registration underway so please don’t hesitate to register and save your spot for this collaborative learning opportunity being help at USM, Portland campus. The New England Summit on Arts Education, July 29, 30, 31. Participants will select from three strands to meet your needs. Cost: $299, early bird special (by May 30), $274, additional $25 savings for teams (2 or more). Learn more and register at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/NESummit#  Please contact me if you have any questions. Application and information on being a teacher leader will be available in the next week.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the important work you do each day educating Maine students in the ARTS!

Make it a great day,
Argy

Ms. Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
207/287-2725 Fax
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
MaineArts.com<http://MaineArts.com/>
http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ Blog
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com<http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com/>
New England Summit on Arts Education July 29, 30, 31. Information and registration
http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/NESummit#
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation