[DOE-Arts] Happy last week in May

Nestor, Argy Argy.Nestor at maine.gov
Tue May 27 22:38:12 EDT 2014

I hope you had a chance to reflect on Monday about the true meaning of Memorial Day. I know that many of you were alongside your middle and high school bands in parades in the towns and cities across the state. On Monday evening I was having supper with friends who remarked that they were sad there wasn’t a band in their hometown parade. I know that folks appreciate it. A GREAT big THANKS to all of you who make the commitment year after year!

All kinds of news today, please be sure and read it all, some of it is time sensitive!

Registration - Early Bird Special is over May 30!
Don’t delay in registering for the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative New England Summit on Arts Education. The early bird special with a savings of $25 is over on May 30. Registration is available by clicking here<https://webapp.usm.maine.edu/DCPEOnline/addRegCONFPage1.do?offeringId=100075146> and detailed information is located at http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/NESummit#. The Summit is customized for you or your team, check out this professional development opportunity today!

RECENT BLOG POSTS
Below are the most recent blog posts that are located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/.

  *   Student Art Display Opportunity - Looking for artwork for the MDOE show
  *   Another Teacher's Story: Jenni Null - Teacher leader and music educator tells her story
  *   Calling All Teaching Artists - New England Summit scholarship opportunity, deadline June 9!
  *   Artists Selected for 2014 Monhegan Residency - Congrats to art teacher Scott Minzy
  *   Integrated Teaching Through the Arts - Lesley University
  *   Virtual Launch of NCAS - Wednesday, June 4, 1:00 - 3:00
  *   Student Opp - Maine Student Film and Video Festival opportunity
  *   Guest Blogger - During May I’ve had the pleasure of blogging for NAEA at http://www.arteducators.org/
  *   Haystack Fall Conference - Registration opens June 1 for visual art teachers - check your MAEA membership

Registration - Early Bird Special is over May 30!
If you are a PK-12 visual and/or performing arts teacher and are interested in taking on a leadership role please consider being a teacher leader with the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative. If interested, the deadline for applications is June 2, 2014. Information is located at http://meartsed.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/inviting-all-arts-educators/ and the applications are available at this link<http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI#>.

ANOTHER EMAIL TO THE LIST-SERV THIS WEEK
I am in the middle of establishing another list-serv that will be sent to you from the Maine Arts Commission. I will send another email to you through this address with an explanation in the next couple of days. Please watch for it!

Thanks for all the amazing work you do with and for students and their arts education. We all know how essential quality programs are for students and their success. Your work is appreciated!

Make it a great day,
Argy

Ms. Argy Nestor
Director of Arts Education
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street, 25 SHS
Augusta, ME 04333-0025
207/287-2713 Direct Line
207/287-2724 General Office Line
207/287-2725 Fax
argy.nestor at maine.gov<mailto:argy.nestor at maine.gov>
MaineArts.com<http://MaineArts.com/>
http://meartsed.wordpress.com/ Blog
Maine Arts Assessment Initiative http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com<http://maineartsassessment.pbworks.com/>
New England Summit on Arts Education July 29, 30, 31. Information and registration
http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/NESummit#
MEArtsEducation on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/MEArtsEducation

Begin forwarded message: