[erate-maine] E-rate Training

McKenney, Janet Janet.McKenney at maine.gov
Sun Dec 2 14:30:59 EST 2007

E-rate Training sessions

Please note:  This is the first posting to the ERATE-MAINE listserv.

We are scheduling two ATM sessions and two webinars in the upcoming
weeks.

ATM Sessions:

The first session will be an introduction and overview of the e-rate
process (great for newcomers and those that need a refresher). The
second session will focus on filling out the Form 470 and Form 471
online and will include tips and hints.

ATM Training Dates:

Wednesday, December 5 from 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM: Introduction and Overview

Tuesday, December 11 from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM - Form 470 and Form 471

If you would like to participate remotely from an ATM site, please
contact Alan Fecteau at the Maine State Library (Phone: 207-287-5620 or
email: Alan.Fecteau at maine.gov <BLOCKED::mailto:Alan.Fecteau at maine.gov>
) to schedule that session.  Sites determined on a first come first
serve basis.

Note: You may attend the training face to face in Augusta at the Maine
State Library in the ATM Studio. To attend the ATM session at the Maine
State Library, please register via our online calendar:
http://evanced.info/maine/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Webinars:

The first webinar will be an introduction and overview of the E-rate
process. The second webinar will focus on filling out the Form 470 and
Form 471 online and will include tips and hints.  We will be archiving
these webinars so if you are unable to attend you can access them
through the E-rate webpage at a later date.

Webinar Training Dates:

Tuesday, December 4 from 10:30 AM - 12:00 NOON:  Introduction and
Overview

Thursday, December 6 from 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Forms 470 and Forms 471

These webinars will utilize the Maine State Library's WebJunction
LiveSpace web conferencing software. If you would like to attend one or
both webinars, please register via our online calendar:
http://evanced.info/maine/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

You will receive an automatic response to your registration followed by
another email a day before the webinars with instructions to test your
computer so you can fully participate.  We are planning on using VOIP
but if you do not have a headset with a microphone you may still
participate by just listening in and sending chat messages if you have
questions.

Janet McKenney, Public Library and MSLN E-rate Coordinator

Janet.mckenney at maine.gov

Sylvia K. Norton, School E-Rate Coordinator

sylvia.k.norton at maine.gov

Janet McKenney
Maine State Library
Coordinator of Learning and Technology Services
64 State House Station
Augusta, ME  04333-0064

207-287-5620

janet.mckenney at maine.gov