[erate-maine] Schools on MSLN

Norton, Sylvia K Sylvia.K.Norton at maine.gov
Tue Nov 25 12:11:26 EST 2008

An Important Notice for Schools on MSLN

School staff who earlier in November  attended the E-rate training
workshops heard information about decentralizing the process for those
schools on Maine School and Library Network (MSLN) as of July 1, 2009.
The workshops provided valuable information to participants about the
overall E-rate process and requirements for telecommunications
discounts, but please do NOT file E-rate forms for MSLN services as was
discussed.  After further consideration, the Maine Department of
Education has decided for this coming year (July 1, 2009 - June 30,
2010) to continue the traditional participation packet (LOA, Form 479,
and summary info) for schools on Maine School and Library Network
(MSLN).

DO NOT file a Form 471 or other E-rate forms for MSLN.  Schools will not
need to budget MSLN for school year 2009-2010 nor will they be invoiced
for MSLN services.  Documents for the participation packets will be
available online next week.  Instructions will ask that forms be
printed, filled out and mailed to my attention.  As in the past few
years, forms need to be completed with the required information and an
authorized signature for each entity (school).

Information will be posted to  www.maine.gov/msl/erate

If you have specific questions, please contact me at
sylvia.k.norton at maine.gov

Sylvia K. Norton

School Library/Technology Planning Coordinator

State E-rate Coordinator

Maine Dept. of Education/Maine State Library

64 State House Station

Augusta, ME 04333

207-287-5620

*******