[Libworld] Library cards

Rehmeyer rehme at fairpoint.net
Mon Mar 7 17:22:13 EST 2011

Hi Dorthe,
At the Liberty Library, we do use cards, but they probably are not necessary
as most patrons don't have them with them. Volunteers enter their name to
get their number or some patrons remember their number. Nevertheless, each
patron, or patron family, has a card with a preprinted barcode sticker on
the back. So the card can be scanned, if it is available.

Our library is operated primarily by volunteers, as well. I made some
guidesheets to help volunteers that we keep by the computer and give to each
volunteer. I would be happy to share them with you (or anyone else) if you
are interested. Just email me and I can send them as an attachment. They
were made with Microsoft Word.

Regards,
Barb Rehmeyer