[Libworld] MARC record information to share

Valerie Osborne Valerie.Osborne at bpl.lib.me.us
Mon Mar 21 09:13:54 EDT 2011

Dorothy:

If you look inside your manual that we provided for you during the
training it tells you exactly what type of barcode you should be
purchasing.  It really is important that you stick to that format
regardless of what company you use.  They are Codabar MOD10 check digit.
Library World accepts many forms of barcodes, but if you ever want to
have your records become a part of a statewide Maine catalog you should
stick with the format we used in setting LW up for you.  We have no
statewide catalog at the moment, but it is our hope that we may in the
future.

Thanks,
Valerie