[Libworld] material types

Zurinski, Stephanie Stephanie.Zurinski at maine.gov
Wed Feb 15 15:10:51 EST 2012

Getting circulation data is a 2 step process.  This is where the
consistency in data entry is really important.  You have to create a
'find set' in the catalog on your collection type.  Then, create the
circulation activity report using that find set.

For example:

To get the annual circulation numbers for your Adult collection:

Go into the Catalog and click on Advance Search

Go down to 'Range Search" and change the choose "Collection" as the
field to search.  Then type in Adult in both boxes to set up the range
to search.  (This is where the lack of consistency in your data entry
will become a problem.  You will have to do this for each variation of
adult, juvenile and young adult that was use.)

Once you have this find set, click on Reports, then Circulation Reports,
Circulation Activity Report.  Put in the date range (your fiscal year),
then check the find set box.  Choose either the month or year option -
the annual report needs annual numbers but monthly circulation could
show you trends.  Click Generate and wait for the system to churn
through the records.

Follow this procedure for the three collection types (Adult, Juvenile
and Young Adult) for your annual report statistics.

Stephanie