[Libworld] Scanner beepers

Tina Branco tbranco24 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:36:57 EDT 2012

Hi all who use LW!!

We are really curious to see if anyone of you who uses the same Metrologic
bar scanner we got from LW when we began has figured out how to disable the
"beep".  We are having more and more instances of operator error when
people don't pay attention to the screen, scan the item, hear the beep and
let the book go sailing forth into the sunset w/o realizing that the
transaction didn't get recorded in the system (usually because they didn't
get the cursor into the correct field and click).

I've been through LW's less than helpful "help" documentation, and am
planning to contact them directly, but thought perhaps the wheel has
already been invented and I just have to pick it up at the garage!

Thanks for any help.

--
Tina Branco
Director, So Thomaston Public Library