[Libworld] Customize emails

Andrea DeBiase adebiase at carrabassett.lib.me.us
Sat Sep 3 11:41:08 EDT 2016

Hi,

This is so frustrating!  Has the email text for "transactions statements
for all patrons" changed recently? I NEED TO CUSTOMIZE THE WORDING!
Instead of simply telling patrons that they have certain items OUT and
when they are due, the email begins with a blanket statement of items
OVERDUE, even when the patron has zero overdue items! And then goes on
to say that "Multiple attempts have been made to reach you by email."
which is in most cases FALSE!

Here is my statement , even though I have no overdues, immediately I am
put in high alert and think I still have something I shouldn't!  We do
not want to operate this way, instilling fear and wrong-doing in the
first statement....even if they do have overdues...and especially when
the don't! Please help me find a way to edit or customize these blanket
statements or convince LibraryWorld there is a better way!

/      Library: Carrabassett Valley Public Library//
//        3209 Carrabassett Dr  #3//
//        Carrabassett Valley  ME 04947//
//
// Our records show that you have overdue items that are listed below.
(WRONG!) Multiple attempts have been made to reach you by email. (WRONG!)//
//
//
//If the materials are found, please return them to the Carrabassett
Valley Public Library. If the materials have been lost, they will need
to be replaced at the value listed below.//
//
//
//Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.///( UNECESSARY!)

I SENT THIS BACK TO THE PEOPLE WHO WERE UNHAPPY BY THEIR FALSE EMAIL:

Hi Jane,

Unfortunately I cannot currently edit the contents of this blanket
emails. I will try to explain how it works...I hope this makes sense:
the email goes out to everyone who has any items OUT /*or*/
OVERDUE...the first "list" is the list of items "overdue" (of which you
have none) and the second list is items OUT ( listed below and the due
date.)

I have complained and asked for them to provide LibraryWorld users with
the ability to customize the wording of these emails. So for now, simply
ignore that which does not pertain to you.

I  apologize for any undo stress!

Andie

--
Andrea DeBiase