[minervacirc] The 45 day rule.

Jennifer Leo jleo at westbrook.me.us
Wed Apr 14 15:48:58 EDT 2010

Hi Chip,
The item owning library notifies the borrowing library that their patron has a bill when the item is 20 days overdue. This allows you to time to contact your patron to attempt to get the item back and not be responsible for payment to the item owning library. At the 45 day overdue mark the borrowing library follows through with the rest of the procedure to pay the item owning library for the item if their patron has not returned it.
Hope that helps.
~Jen

Jennifer Alvino Leo, MLIS
NELA Vice-President
Head of Circulation/Public Service Systems Coordinator
Walker Memorial Library
800 Main St
Westbrook, ME 04092

(207)854-0630 ext 253