[minervacirc] Stuck Bib level holds

Susan Samberg ssamberg at thomas.lib.me.us
Thu Feb 11 13:53:36 EST 2010

Every month we place bib-level  holds in Mill Circ  for each patron in our
book group. We chose older titles that have multiple copies and place
approximately 18 reserves. Without fail, a few of the holds are filled
then the remainder "are stuck" and I have to send out a plea to the
MIN-LIST to grab copies and send to us. Today I called around to activate
some holds and learned that Jesup and South Portland make holds for their
book groups through Mill Circ. and DO NOT have the same problem. SP said
they did have the stuck holds problem, but haven't in awhile.

Someone help, what is going on? Please let me know if your library:
1) Does have a problem with stuck bib-level holds for multiple book group
items
2) Doesn't have a problem with stuck bib-level holds for multiple book
group items
2) Did have a problem with stuck bib-level holds for multiple book group
items and no longer does

I'll pass the info onto the support desk.

Thanks

Susan Samberg
Circulation Librarian
Thomas Memorial Library