[minervacirc] Inn-reach question about renewals

Marie Morey mmorey at gray.lib.me.us
Tue Mar 16 13:38:59 EDT 2010

I have a question about renewing an Inn-Reach. For example, we ran our
Inn Reach overdue report, and the circulation manager started contacting
the borrowing libraries. One library told us the item was not overdue
and gave us the date showing in their patron's record, which was in fact
different to the date on the report. The item was checked out in Gray on
1/15/10, the overdue report gives a due date of 2/23 and the patron's
record now has a date of 3/17. Items checked out to Inn Reach go our for
longer that Minerva libraries, but can Inn Reach libraries renew items
when they are long overdue without checking with the loaning library?

Thanks
Marie

Marie Morey
Library Director