[minervacirc] Adding barcodes to INN-Reach items

Moreno, Judith jmoreno at cmcc.edu
Wed Mar 24 15:32:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

Here are a couple of tips I received from fellow librarians I can share regarding this.  Thanks for all your help, everyone.

>Try checking it out in the INN-Reach mode; it may have been processed incorrectly by the owning library, but this should create a virtual barcode for it and trigger the hold.  Then you can check it in normally.

or

>If a barcode has not been transmitted for an item that a patron has requested through INN-Reach, you must insert a barcode for the item before Millennium Circulation allows you to check in the item. To insert a barcode:
	[open patron record]  View the patron's INN-Reach items in the INN-Reach tab:
	Right-click the item that needs a barcode and select the Insert Barcode option from the pop-up menu.  This option is available only for items that have status REQUESTED (&) or RE-REQUESTED (_) and for which the barcode is blank.  Millennium Circulation prompts you to enter a barcode.
	Entering or scanning a barcode checks that item in and changes its status to RECEIVED (#).  If a message number is specified in the TEXT PICKUP NOTICE element of the Loan Rule, Millennium Circulation automatically prints a pickup notice.
	You should be able to check out the item in the checkout tab after following these steps.

Judi Moreno
Public Services Librarian
Central Maine Community College
1250 Turner Street