[minervacirc] ILL situation

Michelle Firmin MFirmin at andovercollege.edu
Mon Sep 13 09:24:59 EDT 2010

Hi everyone! I have an odd situation and I am wondering what the normal protocol is for this occurrence.

I placed a hold a on Mad Men Season Two. I saw last week it was "IN TRANSIT" to me here at Kaplan University in South Portland. The Item arrived here, but when we checked it in it said that it had "a hold to be picked up at Orono Public Library" instead of for me as I was expecting.

I see that there is an Item level hold for an Orono patron and I certainly realize that a library's own patron has priority. However, I also thought that once an item was set "IN TRANSIT" to a patron at another library (& was actually sent), that the patron it was going to would get to check out the item.

Thanks very much for any insight into this!

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB5324.55186020]

Michelle Firmin, MLS
Librarian - KU Maine

265 Western Avenue