[minervacirc] Item Holds Message

Andy Ryer aryer at thomas.lib.me.us
Wed Dec 14 09:30:41 EST 2011

Hi all. I know that this question was asked awhile back, but I'm not sure
that it was ever resolved, and so I'm throwing it out again at the behest
of my frustrated co-workers. Recently, whenever an item with several holds
on it is checked out in Millennium, a new message has been popping up which
says "Item has additional holds for other patrons." I understand that this
message is probably there so that patrons can be notified that they won't
be able to renew the item, however it seems to be just one more hurdle to
cross to get to the actual checkout, and the more hurdles the greater the
opportunity for a checkout mistake to occur (if the person isn't watching
the screen carefully and just keeps scanning other items, for instance). So
my question is, have any of you found a way to disable or turn off this
message? Thanks for any info you can provide. Have a great week.

--Andy Ryer

--
Andrew J. Ryer
Circulation Librarian