[minervacirc] Item Holds Message

Andy Ryer aryer at thomas.lib.me.us
Wed Dec 14 17:15:22 EST 2011

Just heard back from Nelson regarding these new Item Hold messages. His
words: "*I just spoke with Innovative, and these system messages cannot be
turned off either individually or system wide. Essentially they are hard
coded into the software. I believe this message may have been an
"enhancement" in release 2009 since I do not believe it existed before then*."
Looks like we're stuck with the pop ups. Now you know. Have a great week
everybody!

--Andy Ryer

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Marie Morey <mmorey at gray.lib.me.us> wrote:

> I agree with Andy, this is just one more message that is popping up which
> is not needed. Circulation staff have been asking about it. I’d like to
> turn it off. Most of the books that have multiple holds on them people are
> already aware of the holds because they have been waiting a long time to
> get the book themselves. I am in favor of turning this feature off.****
>
> ** **
>
> Marie****
>
> ** **