[minervacirc] Offline Circ - continuing

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Mon Feb 7 16:51:31 EST 2011

Hi, all.

Just a quick message about offline circ as you head out for the day and
start up tomorrow.

1. Closing offline circ on your computer will NOT lose your entries.  You
can shut down as usual, start back up, and offline circ will just continue
recording transactions where you left off.  Basically, it's just adding a
line entry into a text file for each transaction.  The file keeps growing
until you specifically load it back into Millennium and clear the local
file.  So, no worries about closing and opening.

2.  In the morning, continue to use offline circ.  Do not try to load your
offline circ transactions into Millennium.  Because we're looking at so many
libraries with a lot of transactions, there will be special instructions and
a stepped process to get all of the offline data loaded (when we're ready to
do so).

Thanks again for being troopers,