[minervacirc] Minerva Millennium and OPAC back on-line

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Tue Feb 8 15:00:33 EST 2011

Hello all!

Minerva is back and better than ever.  Or hopefully so.

Catalogers and acquire-rs: log back in and get back to business.  If you see
any odd slowdown or hang-ups, please let us know.

Circulators: We're ready to give minerva a stress test, so I'm going to have
you just jump on in and start loading your offline circ transactions.
 Please see the directions below for guidance.

A. Create Backup of offline file
1. go to c:\Millennium\Offline
2. find the file called circ.dat
3. right click on the file and "copy"
4. right click elsewhere in the screen and "paste" - you now have a file
called "copy of circ.dat"
5. right click and "rename" the copy to "20110208circ.dat"
6. Repeat steps 2-5 for the file called "patron.dat"

B. Upload your offline transactions
1. Open Offline Circ program
2. Go to File > Upload Circulation and Patron File
3. Is the server ready?  YES
4. Clear file?  NO!

Please DO NOT go into the Circulation module and process the files.  There
are going to be so many going in that we would like to do the processing
ourselves and check on the error logs as they go by.  We'll process every
half an hour, so you will know that you will be caught up relatively soon.

Go ahead and return to using Millennium Circulation as usual.  You are
likely to see some more errors than usual, particularly along the lines of
items being already checked out to people, or of items being on hold for
someone (that found their way back to the shelves instead of onto the hold
shelf).

We will let you know about the error messages for your library and of any
barcodes of items that you need to chase down or check on.

Please feel free to ask about any error messages you might see and/or snags
that have come up.

Thanks,