[minervacirc] Minerva Millennium and OPAC back on-line

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Tue Feb 8 15:25:15 EST 2011

Ok, more details as they emerge!

1. If you were unable to log in, please try again.  We had accidentally left
a bunch of ip addresses blocked.  Whoops.

2. It looks like the system will accept one file upload per minute (they are
date and time stamped).  Therefore, if you get an error message that says
that you can't upload because the server isn't happy (I'm paraphrasing,
here), please wait and try again in a few minutes.  Sadly, there's just no
way to get everybody on a schedule.

3. Some libraries are using a transition step of stopping the offline circ
module, keeping track on paper till the end of the day, and starting to
actively use millennium for circ in the morning.  That is a nice, safe way
to do it, if you think you can handle the extra work.  If you want to leap
back into using circ, that is fine, too, just be aware, as I said, that
there will no doubt be more error messages than usual and probably some
small snags.

Keep letting me know what's what.

 Alisia Revitt  |  Systems Training and Support Librarian  |  Maine InfoNet
|  alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org