[minervacirc] MaineCat, Minerva, Solar down Wed 5:45

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Wed Jun 15 17:58:32 EDT 2011

Hello, all.

We had an internet outage up here at the University of Maine--the entire
data center went down.  This cut off MaineCat, Minerva, Solar, and Ursus, as
well as logging in to MARVEL! and the Download Library if patrons are using
their barcodes (this also queries these systems).  The internet is
back--thus, I can email and the listserv works--but only Ursus seems to be
functioning at the moment.

The systems office up here is working on it "as we speak", but have no
estimated time for everything to be back up.  Our best interpretation of
that is that they'll be back some time this evening.

Please use your usual offline procedures (offline circ, spreadsheets, etc.)
and let any patrons with questions know that it is being worked on.  Keep
checking every half hour or so to see if it's back.

Many thanks, as always, for being understanding.