[minervacirc] Roundtable Meetings available via Tanberg

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Wed Oct 19 10:45:46 EDT 2011

Hello, Catalogers and Circulators,

If you are the lucky hosts of a Tanberg connection (courtesy of the BTOP
grant, probably?), you can attend the Circ or Cataloging Round Table
Meetings this Friday remotely.  If you are interested in doing so, I will
need the the following:

1. Let me know by the end of the day today.
2. A contact name and number and your ip address that you call from.  (In
case of connection questions or problems.)

Please be aware that you will not have the full, fun experience.  I will not
be sharing my computer screen with you during presentations or during live
demonstrations in the catalog.  Although it is possible to share the screen,
it means using the much smaller TV-type screen for those in Augusta, which
is not feasible, given the number of people who will be in the room.

I will send any presentations to you before-hand, so you can follow along on
your own computer.  I will do my best to remember to make the "turn the
page" ding noises.  Live searches and corrections in the catalog you will
have to try to replicate, and the listen to the description of what changes
are being made.

Sorry for the short notice on this.  I had not planned on doing the remote
thing, but timely questions brought it up.  In the future, at least some of
the Minerva meetings will definitely be available to remote Tanberg users (here
comes winter!): I will try to coordinate some regional hubs for other
attendees and will also find ways to optimize viewing for both local and
remote users.

All the best,