[minervacirc] Holds numbers in Minerva

Cyndi Burne cyndi at topshamlibrary.org
Tue Aug 7 13:07:37 EDT 2012

I asked Sally to post this on the circulation list serve.  I believe the circulation staff will have a true picture of the impact removing the hold numbers in the OPAC might have on our patrons.  If there is a significant number of patron complaints at the circulation desk maybe the issue should be revisited.

I can tell you we have not had any complaints in Topsham regarding the removal of the hold number--but we did have several complaints about the hundreds of holds on what appeared to be our 2 copies of a popular new title.

I have my own opinion on this subject but what truly matters is how my patron's feel.

Cyndi Burne
Assistant Director
Topsham Public Library
25 Foreside Road