[minervacirc] MaineCat (INN_Reach) requests from Portland Public for SMLD libraries

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Thu Feb 16 07:11:52 EST 2012

Please read the following from Portland Public's ILL department.  They are
conducting a test with MaineCat and delivery that requires you to send
items to different Southern Maine libraries, even though the request is
from Portland Public!

We are conducting a test of a new service that will bridge the service gap
> between MaineCat and the 12 SMLD libraries who subscribe to the delivery
> service but have been unable to become MaineCat participants due to the
> limitations of our current infrastructure. When you get an INN-Reach paging
> slip from Portland Public Library on which the patron name reads "Send to
> Dyer Library Saco" or "Send to Merrill Meml Lib Yarmouth." Although PPL's
> name appears several times on both the paging slip and the pickup slip,
> priority should be given to the name in the patron field. If the patron
> name says "Send to..." a particular library, please put the book in the
> delivery system directly to them. Do not send the item to Portland Public
> Library.

 Alisia Revitt  |  Systems Training and Support Librarian  |  Maine
InfoNet  |  alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org