[minervacirc] OverDrive records visible in your scopes!

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Thu Jan 26 16:44:36 EST 2012

Hello, all.

If your library subscribes to Overdrive, then the overdrive records should
be visible when you search within your scopes now, as well as in the
general search.  FOr an example, search "first to die".  You'll see
something with a material type e-audiobook (which I need to make a picture
for), and also with the mat type ebook.  Looking at either of those, you'll
see the record as loaded for the OverDrive copy of the title.  Rather than
copy information, you will see a link to the Download Library page for that
book, where the patron can place a hold, check out, etc.

Just a reminder that these are links, not active reflections of
availability.  Bsically, it's like pointers in the catalog.

Also, there are not records for every single book, so do not rely
exclusively on the OPAC for Download Library searching and, the records are
not necessarily up to date at any given time, since I have to go and
retrieve/load the records, and only do that sometimes (once a month, I'll
try).

If you are subscribed and the titles are blocked in your scope, then let me
know.

Enjoy,

 Alisia Revitt  |  Systems Training and Support Librarian  |  Maine
InfoNet  |  alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org