[minervacirc] INN-Reach loans to Portland Public Library

Jessica Thomas thomas at portland.lib.me.us
Wed Mar 21 14:06:50 EDT 2012

Hi all,

There seems to be a common misperception out there that PPL is part of Minerva. In fact, we participate in MaineCat as a standalone library.

This means that when your library gets a paging slip for a PPL patron, the item must be checked *out* in the INN-Reach module, not the regular circ screen. If you check it  *in* as though it is going to another Minerva library, the hold for our patron is deleted. Then when your item arrives here, we have no way to check it out to our patron, because the item has disappeared from their hold tab.

On behalf of the lending and ILL teams here at PPL, we'd be very grateful if you would share this tip with anyone in your library who processes MaineCat transactions.

Many thanks,

Jessica Thomas, MLIS
Interlibrary Loan Supervisor
Portland Public Library