[minervacirc] Minerva bills

Jennifer Leo jleo at westbrook.me.us
Thu May 31 16:50:19 EDT 2012

Hi All,
Please be sure to use the form letter when sending bills to other
Minerva libraries. There is a template for this on the Minerva settle up
page http://tinyurl.com/cxe9aer (with lots of other helpful info about
settling up!)

Here is the text from that page regarding the procedure:

When there is a bill for another Minerva patron, create an invoice
In addition to notifying the patron (via the bill) that they owe, the
item owning library also sends an invoice to the borrowing patron's
library for the value of the item.

The Lost item Invoice Template contains the following:
* Patron's library
* Patron's library address
* Patron's name
* Item title
* Item location / call #
* Item price

The form letter is very important to many libraries. I cannot pay for
anything unless I have an appropriate invoice made out to my library. I
have been receiving, from some libraries, just copies of the patron
bills. When it comes time for me to pay for these items I have to
contact the libraries to send me the bills. It would save us all time if
we follow the procedure as it is set up and use the procedure and
templates stated at the above link.

Thanks!
~Jen
Jennifer Alvino Leo, MLIS
NELA Past-President
Walker Memorial Library
Head of Lending Services/Public Service Systems Coordinator
800 Main St.
Westbrook, ME 04092
jleo at westbrook.me.us
207-854-0630 fax 207-854-0629