[minervacirc] Extending the time before the OPAC reverts to default?

Martha Ott mott at kaplan.edu
Fri Aug 23 09:40:39 EDT 2013

Speaking as an academic librarian (but not presuming to speak for all
academic librarians!) I like the keyword default search as most of our
students are looking for books about ____ rather than for a particular
title. Also, if someone doesn't remember a title *exactly*, a keyword
search will often bring up the item where the title search won't.

I find the timeout short and would prefer to have it extended a bit, but
can live with it either way.

*Martha*

Martha T. Ott, MLIS     mott at kaplan.edu

Director of Library Services - KU Maine

265 Western Avenue                      475 Lisbon Street                14
Marketplace Drive

South Portland ME 04106               Lewiston ME 04240            Augusta
ME 04330

Tel:  (207) 221-8745

Fax: (207) 774-1715****

*Building Futures*